Mobile app FAQs
Can I edit encrypted files on my mobile device?
- Yes; you must have the CipherCloud app installed.
- To edit a file once CipherCloud has opened it:
- Use the open in icon in the lower left to select an application that can open the file for editing.
- Note: This will put an unencrypted copy of the file on your mobile device.
- As with all mobile applications, your ability to edit the file depends on which apps you have installed.
- If your only mobile option is to import or copy a file into an application to edit it, we recommend you edit it from a computer instead.
- This will ensure that you are not saving unencrypted copies of restricted data on your mobile device.