This content is viewable by Everyone
IT Security and Awareness Champion Program: Overview
- Service:IT Security Outreach and Training
The IT Security and Privacy Awareness Champion Program is designed to strengthen UCSF’s culture of cybersecurity by engaging and empowering individuals throughout the organization to help ensure safe computing.
- Work with management to help encourage all department users to complete the annual mandatory Cybersecurity Awareness Course.
- Encourage department users to participate in activities on the IT Security Awareness Site.
- Distribute and market IT security awareness with posters and other materials.
- Work with management to help promote campus-wide IT security initiatives such as Secure Box.
- UC has a Systemwide IT Security Awareness Team that develops and curates materials on current IT Security topics. Materials include everything from mini-campaigns to individual videos and posters. The material is available at the UCOP Information Security Awareness Page.
- UCSF IT and the Technical Commons can come to your department to present an overview of UCSF's IT Security requirements and resources. To request a presentation, contact IT Security Training and Awareness Program Manager Esther Silver at 415-476-7273.
- Periodic educational events. From time to time, UCSF IT Security hosts authoritative speakers on relevant topics as well as other educational events. To view material from past meetings or see what's coming up, go to our IT Security Educational Meetings Page.
- Advanced training on the learning management system (LMS). There are many advanced cybersecurity courses to take and to prepare staff for advanced certifications. For information on advanced cybersecurity courses available on the LMS, go to the Advanced IT Security Training Offerings Page.
- UCSF IT Security policies are available at the UCSF Campus Administrative Policies page. IT Policies begin with 650.