This content is viewable by Everyone
Office 365: Shifts for Teams
Shifts in Microsoft Teams is a schedule management tool that helps you create, update, and manage schedules for your team. Shifts has you covered whether you are putting together a schedule for your team or swapping shifts with a teammate.
- Create, update, and manage schedules within Microsoft Teams: Create and manage your team's schedules. Add people, add shifts, and allow people to sign up for shifts or report when they'll be away.
- Manage your team's schedule requests: Review and approve employee requests for time off, shift swaps, or offers within Teams.
- Organize schedules: Group names help to organize your team members by role or department on the schedule.
- Access your team's schedules anywhere: Much like Microsoft Teams, Shifts can be accessed on the web, desktop, or manage your schedules on the go with the Teams mobile application.
We have multiple ways for you to get the help you need. For questions and support, check the Frequently Asked Questions page or submit a ticket on our Employee Self-Service Portal. You can also chat with other Office 365 users at UCSF on the Office 365 Team (open to anyone at UCSF - use the join code 7me7twx).
To get the most out of Shifts, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the add-in. Explore the process for creating a schedule, view your team's schedule and managing shifts to facilitate coverage. Learn more about Microsoft Shifts.
- Create a Schedule in Shifts
- Manage your shifts in Shifts
- Manage and Copy Schedules
- Configuring Settings in Shifts
Requirements and Limitations
To access Shifts in Microsoft Teams, you will need either a web browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended for the best experience), desktop (Accessed through the VPN) or mobile application and a UCSF email address.
Note: Shifts currently does not support guests even if the Guest access has been turned on in Teams.