This content is viewable by Everyone
Office 365: Stream
Microsoft Stream is an Enterprise Video service where people in the organization can upload, view, and share videos securely. You can share recordings of classes, meetings, presentations, training sessions, or other videos that aid your team's collaboration.
NOTE: There are two limitations to using Microsoft Stream: Videos can only be shared internally with other individuals within UCSF and Stream videos cannot be embedded within webpages.
- All your videos in one place, wherever you are - Watch videos from across the organization in the Stream application or in other applications you use every day - any time, on any device.
- Manage and organize content - Microsoft Stream assists with organizing content in a secure location and offers a method to share video content within the enterprise.
- Drive engagement across your audiences - Create and deliver video with high-quality playback and scale from your desktop, tablet or mobile.
- Deliver more effective learning - Increase engagement and knowledge retention for training and education; enable everyone to contribute with peer-to-peer information sharing.
We have multiple ways for you to get the help you need. For questions and support, check the Frequently Asked Questions page or submit a ticket on our Employee Self-Service Portal. You can also chat with other Office 365 users at UCSF on the Office 365 Team (open to anyone at UCSF - use the join code 7me7twx).
Quotas and Limitations
Microsoft Stream has limitations to the tenant, channel, user and file limits. Learn more about Microsoft Stream Quotas and Limitations.
|Max. File Size for Upload||50GB|
|Number of Videos Total||500,000|
|Storage Limits per User||500GB|
|Number of Users Accessing the Files||No Limit|
|Channels created per user||1,000|
To get the most out of Stream, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the add-in or web version of the application and explore the process for uploading, organizing, and sharing video content. Learn more about Microsoft Stream.
- Upload a video within Microsoft Stream
- Categorize and organize videos
- Share videos in Microsoft Stream
- Integrating Stream into Microsoft Teams
Requirements and Limitations
To access Stream in Microsoft Teams, you will need either a web browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended for the best experience), desktop (Accessed through the VPN) or mobile application and a UCSF email address. Microsoft Stream can also be accessed outside of Microsoft Teams by logging into Office 365 on the web and selecting Stream from the application list.