This content is viewable by Everyone
BigFix Endpoint Management
How to Request Access
Included in desktop image.
Install BigFix Endpoint Manager – UCSF IT does the rest!
BigFix is required for all computers conducting UCSF business, whether a machine is UCSF-owned or your personal computer. This is because, when it comes to securing UCSF IT resources, we can't fix what we can't see.
The BigFix Endpoint Manager allows UCSF IT to find, fix and secure IT resources attached to the UCSF network. Using BigFix, we can track a computer, associate the computer with a user, and collect system information (e.g., OS, CPU, RAM, hard drive space).
This ensures that you have the UCSF IT Security Suite to protect your computer and the UCSF network. It also allows us to verify that your computer is patched, encrypted and protected from viruses and malware.
Another important reason for having BigFix on your computer is because UCSF IT will automatically install required security software via BigFix. This security software:
- Helps verify that devices meet UCSF’s minimum security standards
- Searches for signs that a system has been compromised
- Collects forensic data if a security alert is triggered
- Prevents computers without encryption and potentially without anti-malware or anti-virus protection or minimum patch levels from connecting to the UCSF network
- Compliance - Continuously monitor and enforce endpoint security configurations to ensure compliance with regulatory or organizational security policies
- BigFix Lifecycle - Reduce the cost, risk, and complexity of managing cloud, server, desktop, and laptop endpoints - all using a single intelligent agent
- BigFix Inventory - Maintain software audit readiness and improve security with asset inventory and software usage analysis
For questions and support, submit a ticket on our Employee Self-Service Portal (https://ucsf.service-now.com/ucsfit).
To learn more about BigFix Endpoint Management, visit the following links: