This content is viewable by Everyone
Criteria for Basic Support
Impacted Services IT Field Services (ITFS) Desktop Support
What you need to know
Basic Desktop Support is available for computers and devices that meet the following criteria:
- The supported equipment is University property, not personally owned.
- The computer is 5 years old or less at time of subscription.*
- The computer is running Windows 10 or macOS released within the last 2 calendar years.*
- Windows computers purchased after May 13, 2013, must have a TPM chipset.
- All computers must be encrypted.
- Support technician administrative access exists or can be created on the computer. This can be a local admin account or a domain account with admin access.
- IT can re-image a computer when necessary to resolve an incident or complete a service request. We only back up user profiles, so make sure you have installers and licenses for nonstandard software.
- The Service Desk has the ability to remotely control the computer with the client’s authorization.
- Smartphones and tablets: iPhones and iPads must have the current version of iOS; Android devices, 4 or greater.
- Printers must be standard.
Support for devices and applications not covered under Basic Support are available by special arrangement for an hourly charge.
*Once the equipment is under subscription, even if it is more than 5 years old, it will continue to be supported in its current state at the basic level. If there is a hardware or operating system failure, repairs will be supported on a time-and-materials basis at $82 per hour. Additional warranty coverage can usually be purchased to prolong the life of a computer.
- Owning Team: IT Field Services Customer Engagement