This content is viewable by Everyone
Office 365 Mobile Applications
Microsoft offers mobile versions of Office 365 applications (listed below), these applications have features to increase your productivity on the go with your mobile phone or tablet. Access to these applications is included with your license, simply input your UCSF credentials after downloading the Intune Company Portal and mobile application(s).
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Outlook
To use the mobile applications for Office 365, you must enroll your device in the Intune Company Portal and define a PIN for each Microsoft mobile application (NOTE: Duo must be installed and activated on the device prior to enrolling in Intune). The Intune Company Portal is an application to protect UCSF data by complying with minimum security standards. By enrolling in Intune, you will be able to copy and print from the Microsoft mobile applications. Learn more about Enrolling in Intune Company Portal.
NOTE: To successfully install Intune to your mobile device, it will need an operating system of iOS 13.1 or later, or Android11 or later.
Microsoft offers mobile versions of the Office 365 applications that you use every day. Each application has been separated by application and when possible, the linked training pages include the process for multiple OS versions (e.g. iOS, Android and Windows Mobile).
- Save Office files automatically
- Sync the files on your computer with your mobile device
- Can I Work Offline?
Create and edit documents on the go and read them on any device.
- Use Word on a Mobile Device
- Change the Font
- Change the Margins
- Change the Spacing
- Collaboration within Word mobile
Easily add formulas, reorder columns, and resize spreadsheet tables on your mobile device or tablet.
- Touch Guide for Android and iOS
- Animated tips for Android
- Fill Data in a Column or Row
- Create a Chart with Excel on a Mobile Device
- Share a File
Edit slides on the go and add animations, transitions, charts, or speaker notes right on your device.
- Touch Guide for Android and iOS
- Add Pictures or Videos
- Apply a Slide Layout
- Delete a Slide on your Mobile Device
- Add animation effects in PowerPoint on a mobile device
- Add, change, or remove transitions between slides
Easily organize your notes, thoughts, and keep track of your lists on any device.
- Use Quick Notes on Android
- Basic Tasks in OneNote
- Create Pages, Sections, or Notebooks in OneNote
- OneNote Syncing Best Practices
- Share Notebooks
View or share photos, videos, and documents from your mobile device with 1 TB of cloud storage.
Instantly access all your team’s content and collaborate from a single place where messages, files, people, and tools live together. To assist you with using Microsoft Teams on iOS and Android devices, review the Teams for Mobile Quick Start Guide.
- Start a Chat on the Go
- Create a Channel on the Go
- Activity Feed on the Go
- Manage Notifications on the Go
Stay up to date with your work account using the Outlook mobile app.
- Outlook for iOS and Android
- Compose and Reply to Email in Outlook for iOS and Android
- Scheduling Made Easy on Outlook Mobile
- Send Meeting Availability
- Manage your Notifications
- Search Made Simple in Outlook Mobile
We have multiple ways for you to get the help you need. For questions and support, check the Frequently Asked Questions page or submit a ticket on our Employee Self-Service Portal. You can also chat with other Office 365 users at UCSF on the Office 365 Team (open to anyone at UCSF - use the join code 7me7twx). For more in-depth courses, you can also view the courses offered at the LinkedIn learning portal via our UC learning center.