Configure Outlook 2016 for Windows to Access Exchange Online
UCSF VPN Requirement
- Access to your UCSF email account from outside of the UCSF network through email desktop client software will require using a virtual private network (VPN) connection
- Click here for instructions on how to download and install the UCSF VPN client
- More information on the UCSF VPN requirement can be found here
Configuring UCSF Email (Exchange Online with Outlook 2016)
- Make sure you are on the UCSF network either on site or VPN.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook 2016.
- If this is the first time you've launched Outlook 2016, the setup wizard should pop up.
- If you are logged in with an UCSF domain account, it will automatically populate the fields. ***Note: Manual configuration will not work. The account must be configured using AutoDiscover***
- If not, put in your email address and password, the settings will be detected with auto discovery.
- Click Finish to Start using Outlook.