This content is viewable by Everyone
Box: Version History
- Service:Box: Cloud Storage
What you need to know
Box has a feature that allows you to track previous edits (versions) of your file. Unfortunately, when you create a copy of an edited file, the version history will remain on the original file, but it will not be transferred to the copy.
Accessing via the Version icon
- Files that have been edited multiple times will have a square icon that says "V" followed by the version number.
- Look for that icon and click it. This will bring you to a list of all the previous versions of the file.
- The list includes information on when the file was last updated and the user who updated it. Select Download of the file version you want to retrieve.
Accessing via Properties
- Another way to view your version history is to select the button next to your file, scroll down to Properties and click on Version History.