Office 365 allows you to access Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Teams and Outlook from any device, anywhere.
Log in to Office 365 at office.ucsf.edu. Use Google Chrome for the best experience.
Teams, OneDrive and OneNote are being pushed to UCSF-supported computers. To install Office 365 desktop applications on your personal computer please follow these instructions.
Mobile apps are available! Get started with Office 365 mobile apps for Android or iOS.
- Work collaboratively with your team, including simultaneous editing of Office documents in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Upload and work with your files from anywhere on any device with a consistent web interface, even PHI.
- Share links, not files. You’ll always know where the latest version is and who was the last to edit.
- Connect to Box and work completely in the cloud. No more local copies of files floating around.
- Reduce your email using Teams chat and create dedicated chat channels to resolve questions quickly and keep messaging on topic.
- Keep track of all your important news, including your recent likes, @mentions, replies and more on the Teams’ Activity Feed.
- Jump straight into voice or video chats with a single click.
Microsoft OneDrive allows secure document storage, sharing and collaboration, allowing multiple team members to edit a document simultaneously. There are will be no changes in the way that you use Box today. You can continue to access your UCSF Box files from within Office 365 applications.
Microsoft Teams is the hub for teamwork in Microsoft 365. With Teams, you can Instant Message, conduct online meetings and collaborate, all in real time from within Office 365. Note: Files with UCSF PHI are protected, but take care not to share restricted data in Teams messages with unauthorized users.
We have multiple ways for you to get the help you need. For questions and support, check the Frequently Asked Questions page or email email@example.com. You can also chat with other Office 365 users at UCSF on the Office 365 Team (or use the join code 7me7twx).
Requirements and limitations
To access Office 365 you need a web browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge is recommended for the best experience) and a UCSF email address.
SharePoint is not yet available. We are assessing additional features and add-ins, and will launch a request process soon.