This content is viewable by Everyone
Box: Add, Edit, or Remove a Collaborator
Only a Box folder’s owner, co-owner, or editor can invite collaborators or change collaborators' permission levels. Learn more about the different permission levels.
How to invite (add) collaborators to your Box folder
- Click on the folder to which you would like to add one or more collaborators.
- Click the Invite People button to the right of the page.
- One by one, type the name of each collaborator in the Invite text area.
- Select the collaborator’s permission level in the Invitee Permissions drop-down menu.
- After confirming all your selections, click Send Invites.
- Once you've started to invite collaborators to your folder, they will show up in the Collaborators section.
How to edit or remove a collaborator's permission
- Locate the user in your shared folder and select that person's permissions level.
- This will bring up a drop-down menu allowing you either to change or remove the collaborator’s permission. (You can also remove yourself from a shared folder this way.)
You may also transfer shared-folder ownership
If you are the owner of a shared folder, you have the option to transfer ownership.