This content is viewable by Everyone
Office 365: Visio
Transform the way you use and visualize data, so you can bring your best ideas to life. With dozens of ready-to-use templates and thousands of customizable shapes, Visio makes it easy to create powerful visuals.
If you are enrolled in an ITFS supported type, Premium, Basic, or MedCenter, and will use the desktop of Visio software on an ITFS managed computer, please submit a ticket to the service desk for installation and the cost will be trued up at a later time.
If you are not enrolled in an ITFS supported type or need to use the web versions of the software for compatibility reasons, (not all software is supported by Apple) here are the recommendations.
Please send an email to [email protected] for purchasing and submit a ticket via the Service Desk to have the license applied.
Visio License Cost:
- Visio Plan 2 for Web and Windows desktop
- Part number P4U-00001
- Annual Cost - $23.28
- Organize complex ideas visually - Drag and connect shapes to build the sequence of steps or elements that make up the process you’re drawing.
- Develop diagrams quickly with Visio templates - There are many kinds of Visio diagrams, including organization charts, network diagrams, workflows, and home or office plans that you can use to communicate information at a glance.
- Collaborate in real time - Create and coauthor professional-looking diagrams for effective decision making, data visualization, and process execution to help increase productivity across the business.
- Visio and Microsoft 365 - Visio is an innovative solution that helps you visualize data-connected business process flows with a host of integrated features that bring the power of Microsoft 365 to Visio.
We have multiple ways for you to get the help you need. For questions and support, submit a ticket on our Employee Self-Service Portal. You can also chat with other Office 365 users at UCSF on the Office 365 Team (open to anyone at UCSF - use the join code 7me7twx).
Before utilizing Microsoft Visio, take a few moments to acclimate yourself to the application. The following links will provide instruction for the essential processes within Visio:
- Using Visio Shapes (Video)
- Add and Format Shapes (Video)
- Create a Diagram From a Template (Video)
- Create a Flowchart (Video)
- Create an Organizational Chart (Video)